If you are like me, you have a long list of ministry goals that you wish to accomplish. Well, to be honest, it’s probably not so much a list, as it is a bunch of good ideas that you think about at the oddest times. That was the case for me.
I always seem to have a random group of thoughts and ideas that I know I’m capable of accomplishing, but just never seem to have the time to get to.
Below are 7 keys that will help anyone reach their ministry goals taken from Brian Tracy’s book, “Eat That Frog!“
- Define your goals: Don’t waste your time working on low priority tasks when you could be accomplishing high priority goals.
- Write your goals down: This creates a level of accountability. By writing it down, your goal goes from being a vague idea to something that you can see and touch.
- Set deadlines: Most people procrastinate and wait until the last minute to get things done. By creating deadlines for your goals you create a new level of urgency and accountability.
- Make a list of everything it will take to achieve your goal: Don’t worry about thinking in logical steps or priorities. The purpose is to capture as many steps as you can on what it will take to achieve your goal.
- Organize the list into a plan: Take your list and organize it by what needs to be done first. Work through the whole list until you have assigned a priority to each step you identified to reach the goal.
- Take immediate action on your plan: Begin to execute the plan. Pick the first step and do something, anything to make progress toward your goal.
- Make progress every single day toward your goal: Build your goal into your daily routine. Schedule time in your calendar, make appointments to work on your goal. Never miss a day, always accomplish some progress every single day.
If you follow these 7 keys, you can turn your vague goals into accomplished goals in no time.
What are your ministry goals? What’s one thing you could use these 7 keys to help you accomplish? Leave a comment below.